Set up and trouble shooting for the Tru-Test series
It is very important to ensure the stick reader is in the correct mode BEFORE first pairing it with your iPhone/iPad.
1. From the main screen select 'Settings'
2.Then select 'Bluetooth'
3. Scroll down to 'Advanced' then select (shown below)
4. Make sure 'Connect Mode' is [Default]. If it is not, select it and change it.
Caution: DO NOT CONNECT IN 'HID' MODE.
If you have, follow the below steps from TruTest ↓
This is an issue between the iPhone and the XRS2. Occasionally the iPhone mistakenly believes that the XRS2 is a Bluetooth HID keyboard.
• Ensure the XRS2 connection mode is "Default", not "HID": Settings > Bluetooth > Advanced > Connect mode > Default
• Reset the iPhone settings using: Settings > General > Reset > "Reset All Settings"
• The iPhone will reboot (note this does not lose your data on the phone)